Tuesday, May 6, 2008

14 Years Later!

In the previous post I talked about our FOTA festival at my school. One of the other wonderful things about OAC has been the on site daycare, which Staci was the first child in 15 1/2 years ago. Steven of course also went to daycare at OAC from birth through age 4 I am so happy with the chance they both had to go with me to work as well as the experiences they had at such a young age and the friends they had. My current teacher Amy also brought her kids to school for day care and her son Nate is 6 months younger than Steven. For the FOTA day Nate came to play his Viola and did a very good job he is a talented young man. Well for the days previous to FOTA I had a toy violin in the classroom that Amy and Marilyn enjoyed hearing me play. Steven found the mini violin and began plying it, which made Nate reply I can play those songs....soon a concert broke out.... ...soon after the concert began some one made the comment you should put your case out for donations, well you didn't have to tell them twice :)

Here are the boys sorting "the loot" I believe they both got $1.40, a jingle bell, and two paper clips. One of them got a cereal bar and the other graham crackers, You can also really see the difference in instrument size in this photo.


Well 14 years after they started school to gather here they are playing again! Boys will be boys, " you've gotta' love 'em"



No comments: